Cdrom drive access question

Dean Fujioka surfdean at hawaii.rr.com
Tue Feb 5 17:32:53 PST 2002

Charles,
Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately my controller only has one interface,
which has the CDrom drive and a 100mb zip drive on it.  I have two hard
drives, both IDE on the primary channel. My computer will now not boot into
linux very stably, and freezes causing me to run fsck manually over and over
again.  I've unplugged the cdrom and was able to dmesg, and got something
I/O error on sba 08:00 something or other. I can post it if you think it
would help, but it might take some doing, as I'm having trouble just keeping
everything running at this point. I didn't get to check /var/log/messages
yet, but will try.
thanks,
dean