Windows More Secure Than Linux? Yep!

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Sun Feb 3 01:46:50 PST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Deven Phillips" <d-spair at hawaii.rr.com>
To: "Linux & Unix Advocates & Users" <luau at list.luau.hi.net>
Sent: Saturday, February 02, 2002 5:19 PM
Subject: [luau] Re: Windows More Secure Than Linux? Yep!

> Ahhhh....
>
> I love the way that they slant things in these articles. What they don't
> mention is the severity of the vulnerabilities. Microsoft just had a
> vulnerability in XP that is ranked as "The Worst Network Vulnerability
Ever"
> by many security professionals. The discussion I read about the Universal
> Plug and Plau vulnerability explained that a single UDP packet could cause
an
> entire XP network to be compromised!!!! You'll never see that kind of
> vulnerability on a UNIX/Linux box....
>
> Just my .02$
>
> Deven

This guy is also comparing NTBugTraq to BugTraq.  I could be wrong about
this, but aren't most of the NT security hole details NOT published on
NTBugTraq because the details are 'copyrighted' by Microsoft, and they will
sue if they do publish it there?  There was a big stink about this a while
back on Slashdot.