[luau] laptops

LinuxDan linuxdan at hawaii.rr.com
Mon Dec 30 15:33:00 PST 2002

Charles
            I have a Vaio PCG-9231 Intel p3-700 which works great with XP
and RH8.  I use the wireless D-Link airplus setup which uses 802.11a and b
with between the
 22 and 56mbps.  Its quick!!   I bought it for $50 and rebuilt the unit out
of five other units I scraped.  You can do this from purchasing units from
E-Bay.

Dan

I'm looking for a laptop that'll run linux really well, is pretty
powerful, and has a BIG screen, something like the new Vaio 16" laptop
monitor.  I seem to be finding a lot of info, but none that I really want.

Anybody know of an info source for laptops that could help me narrow it
down some?

Thanks,

-Charles