[luau] Re: PPC vs. X86

Jim at JimRoby.com Jim at JimRoby.com
Sat Dec 28 20:03:00 PST 2002

-----snip from /.
Posted by timothy  on Sunday November 24, @01:53AM

slughead writes "Forbes Magazine is reporting that AMD will no longer
compete with Intel to make faster, smaller, and more efficient
processors. Just as Mac users would be worse off if Windows didn't
exist, Intel users will be much worse now that AMD will no longer
compete. You see, there's this thing called demand, and when there are
no competing products in a market, a good or service will always
increase the price to the economic equilibrium, unless forced not to by
the state (forget that right now, communists!!). In English: you're
going to get less new technology, and higher prices on existing
technology." On the other hand, AMD is definitely not exiting the chip
business -- they're just trying to branch out from chips for microcomputers.