[luau] Hyper technology

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Fri Dec 27 17:41:00 PST 2002

Jimen Ching wrote:

>>RH8.0, Mandrake 9.0 or SuSE 8.1 or newer should be able to handle it just
>>fine.
>

> I doubt the issue is with the distribution.  What kernel version is used
> in RH8.0?  RH7.3 uses a patched 2.4.18.
>
> --jc

8.0 uses 2.4.18 with many more additional patches.  I checked through my
mail archives and there was some discussion in both Red Hat 7.3 and 8.0
about hyperthreading, and the consensus was that it should be working in
7.3.  If it didn't work in some case, then it should be reported as a
bug.  Please let me know if you find a case where it doesn't work
properly and I will report it through the proper channels.

(8.0.92 beta uses a heavily patched 2.4.20 kernel.)

Warren