[luau] PowerPC system for Linux

R. Scott Belford sctinc at flex.com
Fri Dec 27 11:38:00 PST 2002

On Thursday 26 December 2002 08:03 pm, Jimen Ching wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm thinking of upgrading my computer and I would like to move to a
> PowerPC system.  I don't know much about the PowerPC world, and was
> wondering if anyone on the list could give me some pointers.  Is there a
> site that has introductory information about the PowerPC or Mac world?
> I'm mainly looking for hardware information, since I have no plans to
> install MacOS X on my system.
>
> Thanks in advance.

I feel pretty sure, Jimen, that if you do a search on slashdot for some
relevant strings you will find a lot of info about building ppc systems
without involving Apple.  There seems to be a thread every few weeks about do
it yourself ppc kits and projects.  One within the last two weeks discussed,
I believe, a young company selling ppc boxen.  Yellowdog linux will sell you
a mac-free ppc server running linux.

scott