[luau] Introduction...

Derrick waltond001 at hawaii.rr.com
Thu Dec 26 23:37:00 PST 2002

Aloha Everyone!

I just wanted to introduce myself as a new subscriber. I live in Kailua. I
have been using Linux for about a year now (an OS/2 Warp convert). I am still
in the "learning curve" so to speak.   I think I have finally settled into
the flavor of Linux that feels the most comfortable with me, Suse 8.0.  I
tried Corel, Redhat 5.1, Mandrake 8.0.  So far Suse has been the easiest for
me so I'm going to stick with it.

My reasons for changing to Linux from OS/2 are many.  I used OS/2 exclusively
for my wife's business for about 8 years.  Some of her software vendors have
decided that they will no longer develop in OS/2 or DOS base but will be
looking into Linux development for thier applications.  Hopefully they will
not wait and get right on it.  In the meantime, our business is being run on
the "other" sorry excuse for an OS.  That will cost dearly the longer it
drags out, I'm sure.

I am really impressd with Linux's stability.  It does match or even surpass
that of OS/2.

I hope that I don't ask too many stupid questions and hopefully will be able
to contribute what I already know. Which isn't all that much, but some.

Looking forward to learning from you guys & gals and contributing when I can.

Derrick