[luau] dhcp-146-41

Dustin Cross dusty at sandust.com
Mon Dec 23 22:04:01 PST 2002

Wayne,

WRONG!  Your rights have not been violated.  You are using software that
askes your internet service provider for information.  Your service provider
gives you all of the information it has to offer.  You are asking for
something and then crying when you get it.  Road Runner is not invading your
system.

How do you see your rights being breached?  Road runner is letting you
BORROW an IP address.  They have that IP address listed in their DNS with
that hostname.  Your computers DHCPCD (client deamon) is configured to ask
for and accept the hostname assigned by your ISP.  Please explain how Road
Runner is violating your computer.

Several people have tried to tell you that you need to change YOUR
configuration to solve YOUR problem.  Road Runner has their system properly
configured and working exactly how they want it to.

If you want a specific hostname assigned to the IP address Road Runner lets
you use, then you need to get a static IP and pay for a DNS entry.

Please use your negative energy on something that can use it, like stoping
SPAM.  Start reading the man pages and FAQs before yelling conspiracy.

Dusty