[luau] HOSEF status

R. Scott Belford sctinc at flex.com
Fri Dec 20 10:00:00 PST 2002

All paperwork is filed and, with the exception of receiving our recognition
as a 501(c)(3), we are an official, charitable, non-profit corporation.  Our
documents are required to be available for public observation.  I have been
laboring to scan them, convert them to PDF, and put them on a web page.

This has taken me far longer to do than it did to create and file the
documents.  My scanner does not work with Linux, and I don't have a Windows
app to convert tiff to pdf.  I have converted some documents with OSX to pdf,
but it does not work with mulitple sheets.  A member, Paul. has offered to do
this for me, and I am about to take him up on the offer.

A quick look at some of my sites like belford.net or bestlinuxgui.org
demonstrates that I have no skill in making websites.  I can handle the
words, but I have not mastered some of the navigation methods (frames, etc.)
in bluefish.  I have written the text for hosef, but am still climbing the
learning curve of html editors.

This is relevant because we own hosef.org.  This is the site where, once
setup, there will be a summary of who, what, where we are and a calendar of
events.  This is the site you can go to participate rather than being spammed
by me on this list.  This is the site that is not complete because I am still
yutzing around with some very basic things.

Just an update in case you believed me when I said that the site would be up
almost 2 weeks ago.  I will finish it soon, but the yutz factor is
interfering.   Please join us tomorrow, Saturday the 21st, from 1-4, to work
on some of the donated equipment.

scott