[luau] How to Load Modules?

Jimen Ching jching at flex.com
Thu Dec 19 18:19:00 PST 2002

On Thu, 19 Dec 2002, Grant Apgar wrote:
>    I just bought a Pinncale PCTV card witch is supported under the bttv.o
>module the problem is I can fugure out how to list or load the module. It's
>in the lib directory under my current Kernel as a subfile but the when I
>type "modprobe", "modinfo" or anything else with mod I could look up it says
>command not found. Did the commands change or is there something missing

You need to login as root.  Or have /sbin in your path.  'Cause that's
where modprobe is located.  Also, modprobe depends on the modules.conf
file.  That has to be setup correctly for modprobe to work.  Otherwise,
you can manually install the module with insmod.

Note, these commands should be executed by root.

--jc
Jimen Ching (WH6BRR)      jching at flex.com     wh6brr at uhm.ampr.org