[luau] mandrake screensavers

W. Wayne Liauh LiauhW001 at Hawaii.rr.com
Tue Dec 17 23:21:00 PST 2002

Alvin-

For some reason your e-mail was accidentally deleted, as a bunch of
other mails.  Yes, KDE does not prevent you from running a non-KDE
screensaver (I love Atlantis screensaver).  To run GNOME screensavers,
basically, all you have to do is turn off the KDE screensave then run
the following command:

/bin/X11R6/xscreensaver

(I am writing this from memory.  To make sure that the directory is
correct, run this command: locate xscreensaver--or whereis screensaver
in MDK.  Furthermore, perhaps you could convert an xscreensaver file to
a kscreensaver file; however, I am too lazy to find out.)

BTW, would be able to share your experience about using IBM's ViaVoice?)

Alvin Murphy  luau at videl.ics.hawaii.edu
Wed Nov 6 23:17:01 2002

Probably a trivial point to most; I prefer to run KDE most of the time,
but the Gnome screensavers are a lot more fun. Question: is there any
way to run the Gnome screensavers from KDE?  I know you can
ctrl-alt-back and restart in gnome but I was hoping there was a command
line option or script that would allow running the gnome screensavers
from within KDE. Thanks.