[luau] Dual Booting with WinXP Pro

W. Wayne Liauh LiauhW001 at Hawaii.rr.com
Mon Dec 16 07:06:01 PST 2002

W. Wayne Liauh wrote:

> hide (hd0,0)
> unhide (hd0,2)
>
> before the line:
>
> rootnoverify (hd0,1)
>
> and a third line:
>
> makeactive
>
> thereafter.

Just a quick stop by.  The line

rootnoverify (hd0,1)

should be

rootnoverify (hd0,2)  ,

as I reserved the third partition (not the second, which is occupied by
my root partition) for WinXP.  I am sure everyone has caught this
inadvertent error.

OTOH, I forgot to comment on my own question (whether it is possible to
dual boot Windows from a non-first drive).  GRUB also allows you to boot
Windows from a non-first drive (for example, slave of the first IDE).
 To do this, you simply have to insert the following two "map" commands:

map (hd0) (hd1)
map (hd1) (hd0)

Isn't this amazing?