[luau] Dual Booting with WinXP Pro

W. Wayne Liauh LiauhW001 at Hawaii.rr.com
Wed Dec 11 14:27:00 PST 2002

Actually, Windows (including NT or XP) will always look in the first
partition of the first drive for the boot sector.  Thus, using GRUB as
an example, if you install XP in the second partition of the first
drive, you have to insert the following two lines in the part of the
grub.conf file reserved for XP (may not be exact, I am writing from my
memory):

hide (hd0,0)
unhide (hd0,1)

before the line

rootnoverify (hd0,1)

What I am not sure is that, I don't know whether is it possible to boot
NT/XP from a slave (i.e., hd1,0)?