[luau] stupid sockets question

Charles Lockhart lockhart at jeans.ifa.hawaii.edu
Wed Dec 11 10:55:00 PST 2002

I'm brain dumping here:

I've got a Redhat 7.2 machine that I just set up.  I've got an app
running on it that's listening on port 8000, but it's refusing all
external connection requests.  It will accept internal ones (ie. it
works when I run the client on that system).

The whole setup works fine when I use my other machines as servers with
this same app.

I *think* I set this machine up just like I set the other systems, but I
can't remember, and I can't find my notes on what I did last time.  Any
ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

-Charles