[luau] Duplicating Music CD

Vince Hoang luau at ml.altern8.net
Mon Dec 9 20:06:01 PST 2002

Hi Wayne,

As you suggested, I was trying to clarify to the list what
I was trying to say. Programs should not be run SUID root
unecessarily. I mentioned su and sudo as alternatives to SUID.
MonMotha mentioned another solution which works when wonderfully
when applications do not have differing expections of what those
ownerships and permissions are.

You made a suggestion that works well for an isolated single
user workstation. I disgree about a policy of excessive use of
SUID root in a default install; one that can run unintentionally
installed on multi-user systems. Please do not take that as a
personal attack.

-Vince