[luau] Secure FTP to RedHat 7.3 box?

Erich S. sharky at websharx.com
Mon Dec 9 18:23:00 PST 2002

Hiya,

I haven't run FTP on my server for several years now. But I didn't write
Dreamweaver, I just would like to use it remotely on my server. :)

I'm not sure what functionality that SCP provides (I use it, but mostly
for single file transfers between my boxes). I suspect it needs to use
certain aspects of FTP to maintain site management features built in to
the product (MS FrontPage requires a server side plug-in that has it's own
share of problems). DMX offers some really nice features for doing layout
and maintenance of larger sites.

Further searching reveals there's a pretty lively discussion on the MM
support forums with IT Managers and developers at many universities
begging that SFTP support be added. It appears many .edu's are starting to
drop FTP and force secure access.

If any of you out there use DMX, take a moment to request that SFTP
support be added to both DMX and Contribute (and that they produce Linux
versions of their product as well while we're at it):

http://www.macromedia.com/support/email/wishform/

Thanks for your reply though!

Sharky