[luau] Secure FTP to RedHat 7.3 box?

Erich S. sharky at websharx.com
Mon Dec 9 16:30:00 PST 2002

Thanks Brian!

Wow...OK. Welp I'll chuck wu-ftpd out (dang, just got the RPMS and
installed it) and get proftpd and give that a shot.

Really appreciate the info and the explanation. It all makes sense, but
wrapping my head around tunnels gives me headaches :P

I'll let ya'll know how it goes once I've taken a shot at it.

After getting it working locally it's awful appealing to be able to work
with Dreamweaver to do pages, code PHP, and connect to MySQL db data.
(Without the hefty pricetag of coldfusion)

Thanks again,
	Sharky

On Mon, 9 Dec 2002, Brian Chee wrote:

> So as a quick summary for others.....what Sharky is trying to do is the so
> called "holy grail" for dreamweaver users....macromedia dreamweaver like
> many other web design applications tend to think that everyone is on a
> secure internet and that unencrypted logins is perfectly ok....we all now
> know that this is wishful thinking. So the idea is, since Macromedia refuses
> to integrate SFTP/SCP into their application, and we all have users that
> refuse to just publish to a local disk and then upload with SFTP....well
> sysadmins all over the net have needed a compromise.

[hacked off the remainder -- pls read Brian's original post on this]