[luau] Why Red Hat?

W. Wayne Liauh LiauhW001 at Hawaii.rr.com
Thu Dec 5 22:11:01 PST 2002

You're exactly on the mark!  This is something that, unless you have a
need you won't appreciate it.  But once you do, you're completely sold.

Such a multi-lingual, multi-locale feature offered by Red Hat 8.0 (I
first saw it in Red Hat 7.3, but it was not nearly as eloquent) truely
sets it apart from any other operating system (not just other Linux
distros, but any OS, inclusing Microsoft Windows).

Of course, the fact that both Mozilla and, particularly, KOffice (not
OpenOffice) have, at the same time, evolved into true multi-lingual,
multi-locale application programs, also greatly helps.  Combining
KOffice with Red Hat 8.0, and we have an absolute winner.

Finally, we have something in consumer desktop Linux that is clearly
demonstrably superior to anything Microsoft Windows can offer!