[luau] ALSA & Nvidia Drivers on Red Hat 8.0

Eric Hattemer hattenator at imapmail.org
Tue Dec 3 19:05:01 PST 2002

2.4.18 is the kernel version.  the extra -14/18 just means that redhat
used different compile options and maybe a couple of patches.  They
should work.  But I'm surprised if RH doesn't include the alsa modules
with their default kernel.  Can you boot with your sound module in
/etc/modules.conf disabled, then
modprobe snd
What do you have in /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/sound/core?

-Eric Hattemer

Eric Hattemer <hattenator at imapmail.org>