[luau] routing

MonMotha monmotha at indy.rr.com
Sat Aug 31 13:28:00 PDT 2002

Randall Oshita wrote:
> yes, but you have to be more specific on how you have your network
> setup,
> you have to tell the router how to get from one subnet to the other.
> what kind of router do you have?
> Julio
>
> +++++++++++++++++++++
>

> I'm adding a Linksys router (based on 192) to a network with the 10
> series.
> Subnet : 255.255.255.0; subnet class within the ip is the same for all
> workstations as well, 10.0.0.# .
>
> Gateway will be the router : 192.

Just use 192.168.x.x (whatever the linksys wants you to use).

LinkSys routers are to dumb to be even called routers in my opinion
(although I guess that's what they do).  They should be called
"preconfigured internet sharing appliances."  With a LinkSys router, you
either do it the Linksys way, or you don't do it at all.

> Doesn't look like the linksys can be told how to get from one subnet to
> another. I'm looking to see if a Linux box will provide me with a
> solution.
>
> Would be nice to see it work with the Linksys, that way I know what to
> look for when I setup a Linux box.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Randall

--MonMotha

P.S. What idiot at mozilla decided to make inline replies BLUE?  For
christ's sake it's impossible to read...