[luau] OT: windows 2000 networking

Rodney Kanno pepe65 at hawaii.rr.com
Sun Aug 25 16:01:53 PDT 2002

I have two machines running windows 2000 and I am having problems getting the
two machines to see each other. Hopefully someone can enlighten me on my problem.

Both machines are connected to a router, which is then hooked up to my cable
modem. The router assigns IP's to the machines via DHCP, and the gateway set
on both machines are identical, as well as the workgroup. Both machines can
browse the internet, but cannot "see" each other on the network. This same configuration
works fine when both machines run windows 98. Does windows 2000 handle netowrking
differntly? Am I missing something here?

Thanks,
Rodney