[luau] August 2002 Netcraft Web Server Survey

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Tue Aug 20 01:59:01 PDT 2002

Wow... in the past month Microsoft IIS web server dropped from 11.8
million to 9.1 million, while Apache gained over 1 million to reach 22.8
million domains.  Check out the full Netcraft report below.

http://www.netcraft.com/survey/

The Netcraft Web Server Survey is a survey of Web Server software usage
on Internet connected computers. We collect and collate as many
hostnames providing an http service as we can find, and systematically
poll each one with an HTTP request for the server name.
In the August 2002 survey we received responses from 35,991,815 sites.
(continued in report)