[luau] Cleaning /tmp upon boot

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Sun Aug 18 22:15:01 PDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ben Beeson" <beesond001 at hawaii.rr.com>
Sent: Sunday, August 18, 2002 9:13 PM
Subject: [luau] Cleaning /tmp upon boot

> Aloha,
>
> I noticed today that I have a lot of old stuff in /tmp.  The filesystem
> standard says this stuff should be 'purged' when the system is rebooted,
but
> apparently, mine isn't...  Does anyone have an init script or a
> 'modification' to their rc.local that works??? If so, I'm interested.
>
> Mahalo,
>
> Ben

I'm not sure if it is safe to put a simple line like "rm -rf /tmp/**" in
rc.local because possibly some system processes may be using things within
/tmp?

I think I recall seeing Mandrake's /tmp cleaner as one of the first thing it
does immediately after re-mounting as read/write, with something like
rc.sysinit.

Hattemer, can you please check where Mandrake does its /tmp cleaning?