[luau] sorry off topic but important

Eric Hattemer hattenator at imapmail.org
Wed Aug 14 18:54:00 PDT 2002

After all the discussion, we've failed to answer the initial question.
Half-life has its own linux port that you can buy.  It should run on just
about any linux distro.  I would suggest RedHat, just because most big
companies try to make their programs redhat compatible, since it has so much
of a share in linux.  But if you have mandrake installed already or
something, you're probably set.

Half-life costs money, even in linux.  But they give the server away for
free.  Both windows and linux versions are available here:
http://www.planethalflife.com/half-life/files/
Now whether you can upgrade half-life to counterstrike just by using the
dedicated server package, I'm not entirely sure...  But I'll look into it a
little more.  The CS full linux server install is available here:
http://www.fileplanet.com/files/50000/58481.shtml
It doesn't seem to require the HL server listed above.  It doesn't directly
say what version of linux is requires or anything.  Try downloading the
tar.gz file and see if it explains in there if it has any requirements.

-Eric Hattemer