[luau] video card follow up

R. Scott Belford sctinc at flex.com
Wed Aug 14 09:35:01 PDT 2002

Warren,

A little information that may be of use regarding the video card test
yesterday:

I rebooted the machine and found that it was defaulting to the rhat boot
option.  I switched it, but before I did I observed that Kudzu identified the
"new" video driver.  I chose to configure my Xsession with it.  Kudzu next
wanted to know what type of display I had.  It did not recognize or identify
the laptop or its screen.  I chose the generic 1024x768 laptop display.  I
selected 16 mb for video ram.  For the resolution settings, I first chose
8000x600 on the 8 bit mode.  When I tested it, it looked no better than the
installation's cruddy display.  I reconfigured and this time changed the
resolution to 1024x768 and I think 16 bit color (the third column of
choices).  This time the test looked great and the color has been superior.

I am not sure if you rebooted and saw this process, so I thought that I would
share it with you in case it is of any value.

A reminder:  I would love to see your procmail recipes.  I am configuring my
imap server to be my primary repository, and I want fetchmail to get it and
procmail to sort it.  The syntax perplexed me at first examination of the
procmail man pages, so I would like to take you up on your offer to post your
recipe(s).

A link: while it is a little vaporish, the pda I was talking about is sold by

www.danger.com

It is very compelling, uses gprs for internet/phone services, and for $199 I
am interested.

scott