[luau] Access2000 Linux import

Ray Strode halfline at hawaii.rr.com
Mon Aug 12 15:39:00 PDT 2002

> 1) I there a way to create a SQL database in linux and import the Access2000
> Database?
Yes, there are many ways.  You could transfer it through ODBC, or export
it to some text format.  I don't if there are any utilities to fully
automate it (Maybe gnome-db?), but it should be a pretty small job to
script.

> 2) IF it is posible, is there a way to build a Web base front end for the
> Database,
Yup.  PHP/MySQL is a pretty common combination for doing such things.
http://www.php.net and http://www.mysql.org respectively.

> 3) Are there any local consultants that are intrested in working on
> this project?
Don't know about this one.

--Ray