[luau] Needed - Compaq Presario 700 series or ProSavage video

R. Scott Belford sctinc at flex.com
Mon Aug 12 09:27:01 PDT 2002

On Sunday 11 August 2002 23:56, you wrote:

> Should I schedule a time to go to the store and work on the laptop(s)?
> I can use my license of PartitionMagic to resize the existing Windows
> partition, install, test and un-install if necessary.  Would sometime
> Tuesday be possible?

Anytime that you want to Tuesday will be okay.  Let me know when and I will
meet you there and sure that you are made to feel at home.  If you want to
allot the time to resize the Windows partition, excellent.  No need to
uninstall, though.  We'll just leave the default boot option for XP.

> We should also get the ball rolling with the Pricebusters point-of-sale
> terminal conversion from Win98 to Linux again.  Is the R&D setup in the
> back of the store?  What days of the week and times would be good for
> that?

It is set up and ready.  Anytime that you or others want to check it out, let
me know.  I will meet you.  Unlike the LTSP room which we are rapidly
preparing for anyone to visit anytime, the R&D setup is in a room that I have
to get a key for.  My time is flexible, so I will work around what is best
for you.

I would love for this to be done before the Trade Show that you are preparing
for.  (I forget the date) It would be a nice moral (and financial) victory to
tout.  Linux is saving local companies megamoney and making surplus computers
available for schools.  Wow!

scott