[luau] Needed - Compaq Presario 700 series or ProSavage video

R. Scott Belford sctinc at flex.com
Sun Aug 11 06:09:00 PDT 2002

On Sunday 11 August 2002 01:08, you wrote:
> Does anyone have a Compaq Presario 700 series laptop with Red Hat Linux
> 7.3 installed, or willing to install (temporarily?) Red Hat Limbo beta?
> I need to do testing of a modified video driver on that laptop chipset,
> but I no longer have access to the laptop that I reviewed in the AMDMB
> article.

Warren, we have two of these.  They are at our Stadium store.  They are not
dual boot yet, but I can take care of that for you.  You would be welcome to
test on them.

> Please let me know if you have one, and if you are willing to help.  I
> am also looking for motherboards with the following chipsets:
>
> VIA PM133 (Intel integrated chipset with ProSavage video)
> VIA KM133 (Athlon integrated chipset with ProSavage video)
> VIA PN133 (Compaq Intel laptop chipset with ProSavage video)
> VIA KN133 (Compaq Athlon laptop chipset with ProSavage video)

Either because I read a review on them or because we have one, these sound
familiar.  I think an HP notebook we acquired uses one of these.  I'll check.

scott