[luau] LTSP Hardware Cleanup and Inventory

R. Scott Belford sctinc at flex.com
Mon Aug 5 18:40:01 PDT 2002

Brian,

I am very confused by your actions.  I asked as politely as possible that
contacts with Pricebusters go through myself, Dean, or Al.  I wrote you a
personal note and requested this.  You seem to have just ignored my humble
request and gone ahead and called.  I hope that you have not gone down there;
you cannot yet be let in the room.  Sorry.  Calling Julie and arranging for
yourself to go to the store does not generate trust with our benefactors, it
breeds skepticism.

Being assertive and helpful is one thing.  Being disrespectful and
disregarding the simple wishes of the person who has made this happen at
Pricebusters (me) is unacceptable.  If we are to manage this relationship
properly, someone must be in charge of it.  Since I am the IT staff of
Pricebusters, since I pushed as many buttons as possible to give us this
opportunity, and since the owner of Pricebusters holds me accountable for
this project, I think it would be wise if I had a hand in a few things.
Until I am around, or Dean or Al can be there with you, I simply can't have
you going through the room doing whatever you want.  There are liabilities I
have which you are not giving me the chance to address.

I apologize to all of you misled my the opportunity to go by Pricebusters
this evening to help.  The efforts are superb, but the timing is premature.
I hope that you can understand and will all show the enthusiasm of Brian once
I am back in a few days.

most regrettably

scott