[luau] Open Source in The Economist

Carl Tucker cft at panix.com
Mon Aug 5 07:58:00 PDT 2002

On Sun, Aug 04, 2002 at 07:58:19PM -1000, aeg-inc at hawaii.rr.com wrote:

> Worse, Linus Torvalds, the inventor of Linux, appears to have reached
> his limits as a manager. There is growing frustration among hackers
> that he is ignoring their contributions. Is open source doomed?

Haven't read the article yet, but:
Open source isn't doomed, at least for that reason.  Worse comes to
worse, a bunch of people will get upset at Linus and fork development.
Call it something else, Davenix, Stevenix, whatever.  That only makes
open source stronger, more choice.  Especially if the developers
keep up the cross-stealing between forks, like we see in the BSD
family.

--
Carl Tucker
cft at panix.com