[luau] Installing R-W CDrom

al plant webmaster at hawaiidakine.com
Sat Aug 3 08:10:01 PDT 2002

Any body successfully done a R-W CDrom install?

I have a Smart and Friendly Burner CD-R 8020 that is recognized by name
and it is scuzy a7xxx

The seperate sound card is Soundblaster SB16 also recognized.

Caldera 2.3 was on this box and it recognizes the scuzi and Soundblaster
too, but I know the Kernel does not have support for either so I want to
install Mandrake (or Redhat 7.2 if I can get it to work). RedHat has
usually detected and worked the sound card out of the box.

I ran a Mandrake 8.0 Install floppy and everything is recognized, but it
will not load Mandrake 8.0 from the CD in the CDrom. It goes to a setup
screen. Does this mean the driver is not on the floppy I am using to
start this install or is it lacking a path? Or something else?

This install will not boot from the CD directly either that is why I
have gone to the floppy.

Any help appreciated.

Aloha! Al Plant - Webmaster http://hawaiidakine.com
Providing FAST DSL Service for $28.00 /mo. Member Small Business Hawaii.
Running FreeBSD 4.5 UNIX & Caldera Linux 2.4 & RedHat 7.2
Support OPEN SOURCE in Business Computing. Phone 808-622-0043