[luau] MSWindows

Jimen Ching jching at flex.com
Fri Aug 2 15:34:00 PDT 2002

On Fri, 2 Aug 2002, Eric Hattemer wrote:
>and conveniently enough, they have the keyboard shortcuts written in.  This
>is another example of learning the slow but easy way first, then eventually
>moving to the harder yet faster method.
 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I think you hit the nail on the head.  The UNIX/CLI way is the small and
fast way, and the Windows/GUI way is the big and slow way.  It is just
that most people using Linux, do so because they want the small and fast.
So I do not understand why people want to drag the big and slow way to the
Linux world.  Note, whether something is easy or not is very subjective.
Many advanced users like the CLI and they consider it easy.  It also
depends on what they are trying to do.  Sometimes, a GUI just gets in the
way.

I guess my point is that, the Windows/GUI way of doing things may not be
the best route for Linux.  I'm just disappointed that so many
distributions start carry this baggage and forcing the rest of us to drag
it along.

--jc
Jimen Ching (WH6BRR)      jching at flex.com     wh6brr at uhm.ampr.org