[luau] (no subject)

John Pescador jkpescador at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 2 12:11:01 PDT 2002

I sent an e-mail to the Department of Accounting and
General Services (DAGS) Inventory Managment Branch
regarding old computer equipment.  The reply:

I am not familiar with is group. Surplues state
property can be donated to nonprofit tax exempt
charitable organizations with 501C3 federal tax
exempt status, such as Goodwill, Big Brothers,
Salvation Army, etc.

Agencies have the authority to sell surplus state
property by auction, advertisement or if not feasible
by telephone or other means of solicitation (at least
3 contacts), except not to an employee of the
disposing agency.

Another reason to dispose the property to an
organization would be: if the disposal will benefit
the State, such as saving the expense to remove
and disposed the property (be cautious on this method
- the justification must be in detail to insure no
conflict of interest and to prevent similar
organizations complains on favoritism) .

Before the above method of disposal , usable state
property has to be offered to other state agencies -
listing on the SPO Excess State Property
list.

Should you have any question on this matter, please
call me at 831-6756.

Thanks, RonO