[luau] kernel problem???

Ronnie T Livingston rlivings at hawaii.edu
Mon Apr 29 17:17:03 PDT 2002

Hi, my linux server started making strange beeps when I started it
recently and it wouldnt go into the initial ram loading screen.  Someone
recommended that I "reseat" the ram so I did that and now it starts
partially.  When I say partially I mean it requires my floppy boot disk
to load when it never needed one before.  Now it freezes up during the

VFS: Cannot open root device "hda8" or 03:08
Kernel panic:VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 03:08

any ideas would be much appreciated.

-Ronnie