[luau] restricting directory access

Rodney Kanno pepe65 at hawaii.rr.com
Sat Apr 27 10:26:43 PDT 2002

> Like you said, you do not give your users ssh access because they do
> not need it.  The question is, does Rodney need to give his users ssh
> access? If so, why?  Would jailing them defeat the purpose of providing
> shell access in the first place?

The main reason for me allowing ssh access is transfer files (photo library,
home video, linux, etc..)that are too large for email to friends/family. It
seems that the transfer rate for ssh is much faster than http or is that
just my imagination? I am aware that the possiblity that the password could
be stolen, that is why I want to limit access, "just in case."

Rodney

--
Take Action! Oppose the CBDTPA!
http://www.eff.org/alerts/20020322_eff_cbdtpa_alert.html