[luau] A Mission For Luau

Jon Reynolds jonr at destar.net
Thu Apr 25 20:51:08 PDT 2002

I have been watching this thread and it is an very interesting idea. The
question came up about users needing training on the linux OS and this
is a valid question. I work for a non-profit here in Alaska and we do
computer training for senior citizens and The Welfare to Work programs
run by the state here. We have just recently begun to tap into the local
LUG here in Anchorage and are about to offer classes for linux that will
be taught by one or more of the LUG members using our labs. I would bet
that Hawaii would have some sort of the same system setup to help people
trying to find work. I would also think that some of your members could
offer the same service there for linux. And on every machine you setup
make the default webpage point to this list and a small how-to for using
the list from a web browser, you guys are after all the best tech
support and it's all free. Have a problem? Post to the list and await
your answer.

My 2 cents,

Jon