[luau] FreeBSD Local Root exploit... it works ;)

R. Scott Belford sctinc at flex.com
Tue Apr 23 12:25:00 PDT 2002

Hold on.  This defies all that I understand about *bsd. (very easy to do
since I know so little)   You are telling me that there is a local root
exploit, known of for 13 years, that you are able to take advantage of
today?  Does this mean that freebsd boxes are running with this hole now
if no one patched them?  I thought this distribution was know to be more
responsive to security issues?  Most interesting.

scott