[luau] Dazzle in Linux

whenever whatever at whoever.net
Tue Apr 23 00:45:44 PDT 2002

Yes, those two cards has RCA for NTSC input, I don't know much about WinTV
card, looks like WinTV card have to go to a process of RF demodulation where
your video have to RF modulated to channel 3/4 for it's input.  Here's the
different of the two, using NTSC input: NTSC = 0-4.5Mhz @ 1 volt peek to
peek, you need an audio card for audio capturing. RF card, don't know if it
still need to use the audio card, but with the extra stages, noise might be
added during the modulation(Video used AM and Audio used FM) and demodulation
process.  In another term, either you have the video out and audio out of
your VCR connected directly to the TV, much cleaner signal, or connected with
RF cable using channel 3 on your TV to watch the video from your VCR.
Make your pick.