[luau] Dazzle in Linux

whenever whatever at whoever.net
Mon Apr 22 21:46:10 PDT 2002

Don't get the Dazzle, it has alot of problems and not sure if it works with
Linux, get the LML33 or a cheaper card from Pinnacle - DC10Plus. LML33 can do
720x480(dvd), DC10Plus can do 640x480.  Since video tape is a little lower
then 382x288, you can't tell the difference with DC10Plus @ 320x240, you can
also push the edited video back to your video tape.  What ever you are
picking up, make sure they are using zoran chipset,  zr36067/saa7110/adv7175,
becasue it has Video4Linux support, I have done video capture with lavrec or
with MainActor, you can watch the video with xawtv also.  If you want to know
how to make your video into (S)VCD that can play on your DVD player, I can
show you the process, it's not that hard.

check this out first.
http://www.cicese.mx/~mirsev/Linux/DC10plus/

hope that helps
btw, I have a DC10Plus for a few years, been working fine.