[luau] apache tomcat

Lucas lucas at rainbows.net
Mon Apr 22 14:06:03 PDT 2002

Yeah I'm using it,

The answer is yet for both of your questions.

> 1. Does tomcat has all the functionalities of the regular apache http
> server? e.g. virtualnameserver...
Virtualnameserver/virtual host can be set in the server.xml under its
conf directory.

> 2. Can I just use tomcat by itself as http server?
Yeah, even though tomcat is built for Servlet/JSP engine but it has the
ability to handle httpd tasks, but I wouldn't say it's better than
apache web server it self. If you're going to do it for fun it's ok but
not for an application that needs efficiency and resource critical. For
this I suggest you to embed apache on tomcat.

Tomcat even has SSL ability!

Check out the documentation site. That will help a lot.

Hope this helps,
Lucas