[luau] Dazzle me with your C programming prowess

Jimen Ching jching at flex.com
Sun Apr 21 03:42:56 PDT 2002

On Sat, 20 Apr 2002, Jeff Mings wrote:
>E.g.,  when I try  gcc  grab_partial_image.c  ,  I receive a long list
>of errors:
>/tmp/ccWnmLby.o: In function `main':
>/tmp/ccWnmLby.o(.text+0x21): undefined reference to `dc1394_create_handle'
>/tmp/ccWnmLby.o(.text+0x5b): undefined reference to `raw1394_get_nodecount'

If that was the exact command line you used, then the problem is that you
did not specify the libraries that are needed.  In Unix, you have to
manually include the libraries on the command line.  With IDE's, the
needed libraries are automatically included for you.  Use the following
command line:

gcc grab_partial_image.c -ldc1394 -lraw1394

You might need to reverse the order of the library options.  The order
makes a difference.  The difference is in the dependencies.  If library A
depends on library B, then library A should be placed _first_ on the
command line.

Hope this helps.

--jc
Jimen Ching (WH6BRR)      jching at flex.com     wh6brr at uhm.ampr.org