[luau] another programming question

Ray Strode halfline at hawaii.rr.com
Fri Apr 12 07:00:28 PDT 2002

Charles Lockhart wrote:

>Question about the kernel include files (/usr/include).  Uh, if I pop in a
>new kernel and plan to do any dev, I have a script I run that links some
>of the directories (like asm, linux, etc) to the version in the kernel
>source that I'm developing on.  It has occurred to me that maybe I just
>need to ln -s the /usr/include to point at /usr/src/mynewkernel/include/.

No, because then when you install development libraries (any development
libraries) they would
get installed into /usr/src/mynewkernel/include ... Things would
probably break too.

What a lot of people do is ln -s /usr/src/mynewkernel/include/linux
/usr/include/linux

I can't remember if that's The Right Thing to do tho.  I'm not sure if
the kernel headers are supposed
to match up with the newest kernel or the kernel that was used when
glibc was compiled.  (I think it
is the latter actually).

--Ray