[luau] HTML Frames & browser problems

beesond001 at hawaii.rr.com beesond001 at hawaii.rr.com
Tue Apr 9 11:13:43 PDT 2002

Rodney,

     Somehow it all works out.  Not having all the pages in the "tree"
will do it also.  That is essentially the same thing as not defining all
the windows.  I checked out your page again this morning.  It looks like
it works the way you intended it to.  Congratulations!!!

	BTW, I found an interesting article in the April 2002 Linux Journal
about using m4 macros to, among other things, create standardized HTML
pages.  I'm not sure it'll fix this problem, but I'm sure it can help
make the look and feel of all your web pages be very similar.  M4 being
as flexible as it is though, I feel that someone could write a macro for
a frames document that would at least create all the appropriate files,
even if they had "placeholder contents" so the shell would work.  I think
I'm going to look into this and also look into whether or not there is a
windoze version of m4.  My boss makes us use that other OS at work, but
he has been nice enough to let me install and use the vi editor for those
things that I want vi for (like editing html.)  Maybe I can get and use
m4 for webpage maintenance to...  Someday, I'm gonna sneak in a Linux
server for my web pages and start an insurgency...

Good Luck, and Congrats again on getting your web pages fixed!

Ben

On 4/8/02, 9:01:23 PM, "Rodney Kanno" <pepe65 at hawaii.rr.com> wrote
regarding Re: [luau] HTML Frames & browser problems: