[luau] multiple ip addresses

Patrick Kennedy patrickjkennedy at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 5 06:53:38 PST 2002

I haven't done this with Linux - only with NT - but if you run netconf
(RedHat), there is an option called "IP alieases for virtual hosts."  Select
this options, then select the appropriate interface, such as eth0.  There
you can specify IP aliases for your webserver - the Help button at the
botton has a great section explaining IP aliases.

It would be interesting to know which specific files are modified by netconf
in this process, notwithstanding the DNS and routing issues.  At least I
know that netconf can do this, and I think this is what you want.

Patrick.

>From: Ronnie T Livingston <rlivings at hawaii.edu>
>To: luau at videl.ics.hawaii.edu
>Subject: [luau] multiple ip addresses
>Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 08:44:14 -1000 (HST)
>
>hi, I need to set up multiple ip addresses for my Apache web server.  I
>initially thought that all i had to do was gather the new ip from my
>network admin and configure a virtual host in httpd.conf but i have a
>feeling it will be a bit more than that.   Can someone give me terminology
>of how this is done on linux so that i may do a little research on this?
>
>thanks,
>Ronnie

Patrick Kennedy