Raid problem. Can't get bios to hold values or be detected in raid utility

Jeff Zidek z-man at hawaii.rr.com
Tue Sep 25 18:42:34 PDT 2001

I bought an Abit KG7-RAID board and two 60 gig maxtor ATA 100 7200 rpm
hard drives and I would like to one to mirror the second.  They are
initially seen by the bios but upon saving the setting and exiting they
drop off and are not detected.  I have tried every way I know to
configure the jumper settings on the drives with no luck.  Any idea of
what is causing my dilema.?  It hangs after exiting the bios also and
only accepts a hard reset powering down the unit or I get blank screen.
I am using a 900 Megahertz Duron that appears to be working fine.
Anyone have any suggestions.  Jeff