Dmitry Sklyarov Gains High-Profile Defense Lawyer

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Sun Sep 30 15:55:34 PDT 2001

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=01/09/30/1714234&mode=thread
http://www.law.com/cgi-bin/gx.cgi/AppLogic+FTContentServer?pagename=law/View
&c=Article&cid=ZZZXFR3C6SC&live=true&cst=1&pc=5&pa=0&s=News&ExpIgnore=true&s
howsummary=0

"There's an article on Law.com about Dmitry Sklyarov's new Lawyer. Renowned
San Francisco defense attorney John Keker has agreed to represent the
Russian programmer pro bono. Keker is quoted as saying: "I think he is being
unjustly accused and that's the kind of case I like to do." and "[The
Government is] always welcome to dismiss the case, but we didn't come in to
make a plea deal." This gives me the impression he has full intensions of
fighting this to the end. Good."