Does anyone no of any networks running on Linux servers?

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Sat Sep 29 03:52:40 PDT 2001

I can answer most questions about any Linux networking setup, but you will
have to go elsewhere to visit large Linux based networks.

A few that I can think about...

Hawaii Community College is running a few Linux based servers for their
campus services.  Contact Aldrin Caraang at rin at hcc.hawaii.edu

Viata Online is running their entire business on Linux, both servers and
workstations.  Deven Phillips is on this mailing list and he can probably
help you out.

Squaresoft is probably the largest user of Linux in the state, with their
massive Linux based graphics rendering cluster.  I have no clue how to
contact them, but if you manage to contact their Linux technical people
please forward me their contact information, or ask them to contact me.

I highly recommend using the newest version of the Linux distributions if
you plan on learning about Linux services.  Red Hat Linux 7.1 is greatly
improved over 7.0, though Red Hat 7.2 should be right around the corner.
Mandrake 8.1 released this week should be even better to initially learn
about Linux server services, because it comes with tools to more easily
configure them.  SuSE Linux is also excellent, although I haven't tried any
of their distributions for years.