Firewall Setup

Jason Smallwood devil505 at hawaii.rr.com
Fri Sep 21 23:00:09 PDT 2001

Ok, I think I have it working now.  I removed the ipchains.  ran the rmmod
on the ipchains, the ran the rc.firewall-xxxxxx script.  No errors, seems
like it loaded ok.  Now when I tried to do the DHCP setup as described on
Wiki, my other system is not detecing a connection.  Now maybe I have
something wrong between my firewall-hub-client, Road Runner connected to
firewall at eth0, firewall (eth1) connect to hub at backbone (note: no
detect light on the card).  Changed connection from Firewall (eth1) to hub
(1st port available), skipped port connection, then connected client to
port 3.  Detectlight on card and on hub for both systems.  However still no
connection.  My setup up on my M$ system is:
WINS Disabled
IP address 192.168.0.3
Sub net mask 255.255.255.0

Gateway 192.168.0.1

DNS Setting

Hostname		Domain
swoodclient		(left blank not sure if sposed to be filled in)

24.25.227.34
24.25.227.36

Domain suffix

hawaii.rr.com
rr.com

I am not sure if all of that should be there or not.

Now maybe it is fowling up with DHCP enabled on the firewall, butI have
tried both ways and no luck.

THanks,

Jason