Linux Firewall/NAT to access AOL?

al plant webmaster at hawaiidakine.com
Sat Sep 22 16:01:34 PDT 2001

Dusty wrote:

> Now that is a question I never thought I would ask!!!!  Basically Sandi's parents and little sister use AOL (not changeable).  They have an iMac and a Windows 98 PC.  Each computer has dial-up to AOL and they only have one phone line.  I was thinking about setting up a linux system to do dial-on-demand, firewall, and NAT for them, leaving the AOL software on the iMac and the Win98 system.  Does anyone know if that is possible?  The sister and us keep pushing the cable modem thing and keep getting shot down.
>
> Dusty
>
> "Linux is for people who hate Windows. BSD is for
> people that love unix."
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to luau as: webmaster at hawaiidakine.com

There is a backdoor to access AOL thru a firewall. I was
told by somebody who did it but I forget who. AOL tech
support maybe able to tell you. They have been very helpful
when I have had clients with problems who use AOL.
--
 Aloha! Al Plant -Webmaster http://hawaiidakine.com
Providing FAST DSL Service for $28.80/mo.  Member Small