Special Screening of "Revolution OS"

David Oshiro davido at professionalresults.com
Thu Sep 20 12:32:53 PDT 2001

My thoughts exactly. Although we've been promoting the use of Linux in our
publication for 2 years now, the general public still has little knowledge
what Linux is and what Open Source represents. Because Linux doesn't have a
marketing entity little information gets out the the general public even
though tons of information is constantly circulating in the Linux community.

Linux will never gain the wide spread acceptance that the bigger commercial
OSes has unless the general public is properly informed to what it is, what
it represents and most importantly, what it can do for them.

This movie that will be presented at the upcoming Hawaii International Film
Festival and will hope that more than just the linux community shows up.
We'll do our part to get the general computing community to come out. We'd
like to have the Linux community show up in force and interact with the rest
of the computing industry to answer questions and dispel some of the
misconceptions that are out there.

David Oshiro
Managing Editor
Hawaiian Hard Drive